Porini Simba Safari
An unforgettable 5 night safari visiting the unique Nairobi National Park and private conservancies in the Mara
On this 5 night (6-day) safari you start off in the unique Nairobi National Park and then the safari continues to the famous Maasai Mara ecosystem with stays at small safari camps in different areas of the Mara and game drives in 3 exclusive Wildlife Conservancies as well as the Reserve.
Day and night game drives are by 4×4 safari vehicles with expert guides, and exciting bush walks are included giving you the opportunity to get close to flora and fauna often missed from drives.
- Nairobi Tented Camp – 1 night
- Porini Mara Camp – 2 nights
- Porini Lion Camp – 2 nights
Wildlife and Safari Highlights:
- Transport to / from the Maasai Mara is by scheduled flight to get you straight to the wildlife without spending hours travelling over rough roads.
- Game drives from the camps in shared 4×4 safari vehicles (not vans) with excellent guides. (Private vehicles available at a supplement).
- Walks with Maasai warriors
- Night game drives
- An authentic safari experience staying in small exclusive camps with spacious guest tents, comfortably furnished with private bathrooms, solar lights and located in attractive unspoilt natural settings.
- At the camps all meals, drinks (wine, gin & tonic, beer, sodas, mineral water), game drives, walks, night drives (from Porini camps) and sundowners are included in the price.
Nairobi Tented Camp
Deep within a riverine forest minutes from Jomo Kenyatta Airport, Wilson Airport and Nairobi City is a true wilderness experience. Visitors can arrive into Kenya and get ‘straight under canvas’ within 30 minutes of leaving the airport. Nairobi Tented Camp is an authentic tented camp in the heart of Nairobi National Park.
Porini Mara Camp
Porini Mara Camp has six guest tents sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees along the banks of the Laetoli, a permanent spring within Ol Kinyei. The tents are spacious and each has an en-suite bathroom with flush toilet and safari shower. With no more than 12 guests in camp one gets the experience of real safari camping in the bush in an exclusive private wilderness but with all the comforts required by discerning travellers. Food is excellent with home baked bread, fresh salads and high quality meals prepared by the camp Chef.
Porini Lion Camp
The eco-friendly Porini Lion Camp has no permanent construction and is situated along the Ntiakatiak River, a seasonal river with permanent hippo pools near the camp. With ten guest tents, the camp is small and exclusive, giving you a real “in the bush” safari camping experience. The tents are very spacious and have private verandas along the length of the tent, providing a secluded and quiet place for you to relax and enjoy the beauty of this African wilderness. Each tent has en-suite bathrooms with flush toilets and hot showers. The food is excellent with freshly baked bread and high-quality meals prepared by the camp chef.
“What a marvellous example of how people and wildlife can live alongside one another. Thank you all.”
“For any serious wildlife photographer, I don’t think you can do better in Kenya or Tanzania than the Porini Mara and Lion Camps for the big cats.”
|PER ADULT SHARING PACKAGE
|SINGLE SUPPLEMENT, PACKAGE
|PER CHILD SHARING, PACKAGE
|EXTRA NIGHT AT PORINI LION CAMP PER ADULT SHARING
Child rates applicable for 8 – 16 year olds:
- 1 child sharing with 2 adults, child pays child package price above while the 2 adults pay per adult sharing rate.
- 1 child sharing with 1 adult, child pays child package price above while the 1 adult pays single adult rate.
- 2 or 3 children sharing in own tent, each child pays 75% of per adult rate. Child under 8 years not recommended.
Exclusive vehicle use at Porini Camps:
Sole use of the open sided 4×4 safari vehicle during game drive US$ 375 per vehicle per day.
Late afternoon departure at Porini Camps:
Late departure after 10h00 US$ 150 per person minimum 2 pax (includes lunch, soft drinks and activities before departure in the late afternoon).
Mombasa: For flying from Maasai Mara to Diani/Ukunda/Moi Airport instead of flying to Nairobi US$ 430 per adult & US$ 285 per child 08 – 11 years (one way flight). Includes late departure charge (Excludes mandatory reserve fee).
- International flights to / from Nairobi, travel insurance, Kenya Visas and tips / gratuities.
Free Airport Arrival Transfers in Nairobi
For all guests booking 6 or more nights staying at the Porini Camps we provide a free airport transfer on arrival in Nairobi to any hotel in Nairobi booked by us, or to Wilson airport.
Free Night in Nairobi and Free Airport Transfer
For all guests booking 8 or more nights staying at the Porini Camps between March and November 2023 we provide a FREE NIGHT including breakfast in Nairobi plus a free arrival transfer from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
For your free night in Nairobi you can choose between a night at the Eka Hotel or the Weston Hotel (on Bed & Breakfast basis), or stay at Nairobi Tented Camp in Nairobi National Park on Bed & Breakfast basis (excluding park entry and camping fees – $95 during high season and $75 during low season).
For stays at Nairobi Tented Camp our special discounted Half Board safari package at $125 can be added as a pre-booked option to include a free game drive and dinner and free drinks.
Please Note: special offers are subject to availability and may be changed or withdrawn at any time.