Porini Maasai Mara Big Cat Safari
The perfect big cat game viewing experience
This 4 night / 5 day safari includes stays at two small eco-camps located inside exclusive wildlife conservancies in the Maasai Mara eco-system (also known as Maasai Mara) which are reserved solely for the camps’ guests. Game drives (shared) are in open-sided 4×4 safari vehicles, with experienced Maasai safari guides, to look for the Big Cats in the park and the conservancies. Night game drives offered at both camps allow you the opportunity to be out when the Big Cats are most active.
Qualified Maasai safari guides enhance the experience by educating the camp guests about the flora, fauna and people of the surrounding areas. In the evening a stop is made at a scenic viewing point to enjoy a drink while watching the sun go down over the Siria escarpment. A night game drive is taken on the way back to camp, giving guests the opportunity to see many of the elusive nocturnal animals. Maasai warriors escort guests on walks in the conservancies where they can learn about how the various indigenous plants are used by the community and how their way of life is intertwined with their surroundings and with the wildlife.
Facilities and activities included for all guests:
- Large Safari tents with a double and single bed, solar electric lights, en suite bathrooms with flush toilet and safari shower.
- All meals and picnic lunches, free mineral water, sodas, gin, beer and house wine.
- Custom built 4×4 safari vehicles for game drives.
- Expert Maasai driver-guides and spotters.
- Morning, evening and night shared game drives in Ol Kinyei Conservancy and Olare
- Motorogi Conservancy. (Private vehicles available at a supplement).
- Escorted walk with Maasai guides.
- Sundowner drinks to watch the sunset from scenic viewing points.
- Arrival and departure transfers between airstrips and the camps.
Porini Mara Camp
Porini Mara Camp has six guest tents sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees along the banks of the Laetoli, a permanent spring within Ol Kinyei. The tents are spacious and each has an en-suite bathroom with flush toilet and safari shower. With no more than 12 guests in camp one gets the experience of real safari camping in the bush in an exclusive private wilderness but with all the comforts required by discerning travellers. Food is excellent with home baked bread, fresh salads and high quality meals prepared by the camp Chef.
Porini Lion Camp
The eco-friendly Porini Lion Camp has no permanent construction and is situated along the Ntiakatiak River, a seasonal river with permanent hippo pools near the camp. With ten guest tents, the camp is small and exclusive, giving you a real “in the bush” safari camping experience. The tents are very spacious and have private verandas along the length of the tent, providing a secluded and quiet place for you to relax and enjoy the beauty of this African wilderness. Each tent has en-suite bathrooms with flush toilets and hot showers. The food is excellent with freshly baked bread and high-quality meals prepared by the camp chef.
“What a marvellous example of how people and wildlife can live alongside one another. Thank you all.”
“For any serious wildlife photographer, I don’t think you can do better in Kenya or Tanzania than the Porini Mara and Lion Camps for the big cats.”
|PER ADULT SHARING, 4 NT PACKAGE
|SINGLE SUPPLEMENT, PACKAGE
|PER CHILD SHARING, PACKAGE
|EXTRA NIGHT AT PORINI LION CAMP PER ADULT SHARING
Child rates applicable to children aged 8 to 16 years:
- 1 child sharing with 2 adults – child pays child package price above and 2 adults each pay the per adult sharing rate.
- 1 child sharing with 1 adult – child pays child package price above and adult pays the single adult rate.
- 2 or 3 children sharing in own tent – each child pays 75% of the per adult rate.
- Camps not recommended for children aged under 8 years.
Exclusive Vehicle: sole use of the open sided 4×4 safari vehicle during game drive US$ 375 per vehicle per day.
Late Afternoon Departure: Late departure from camp after 10.00 a.m. is US$ 150 per person – minimum 2 people (includes lunch, soft drinks and activities before departure in the late afternoon with transfer to airstrip. Guests are required to check out of their tent by 10.00).
Optional flight supplements:
Mombasa: fly from Maasai Mara to Diani / Ukunda / Moi Airport instead of flying to Nairobi: US$ 430 per adult / US$ 285 per child aged 8 – 11 years (one way flight). Includes late departure charge (Excludes mandatory reserve fee).
Extra night rate: The extra night rate includes game activities on the Conservancy where a large variety of wildlife can be seen with few other tourist vehicles present, as well as the option of having bush breakfasts, evening sundowners and night drives (all of which are not possible in the Reserve). Any clients who do choose to visit the National Reserve must pay the extra park entry fee per person per day on top of the above rates
- At Wilson Airport, board scheduled flight to Ol Seki Airstrip,
- Transfer to Porini Mara Camp for 2 nights with daily Ol Kinyei Conservancy fees,
- Game drive via Naboisho Conservancy and into Olare Motorogi Conservancy to arrive at Porini Lion Camp for 2 nights with daily Olare Motorogi Conservancy fees and,
- One Day Maasai Mara National Reserve entry fee included from 1st July to 30th September ONLY
- Both camps are based on full board basis including soft drinks, beer, house wine, gin & tonic, mineral water, return conservancy airstrip transfers, day & night shared game drives in open sided 4×4 safari vehicle with qualified guide, sundowners, walks with Maasai warriors, then last day
- Flight back to Wilson Airport.
- International flights to / from Nairobi, travel insurance, Kenya Visas and tips / gratuities
Free Airport Arrival Transfers in Nairobi
For all guests booking 6 or more nights staying at the Porini Camps we provide a free airport transfer on arrival in Nairobi to any hotel in Nairobi booked by us, or to Wilson airport.
Free Night in Nairobi and Free Airport Transfer
For all guests booking 8 or more nights staying at the Porini Camps we provide a FREE NIGHT including breakfast in Nairobi plus a free arrival transfer from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
For your free night in Nairobi you can choose between a night at the Eka Hotel or th Nairobi Tented Camp in Nairobi National Park on Bed & Breakfast basis (excluding park entry fee).
Please Note: special offers are subject to availability and may be changed or withdrawn at any time.