Porini Equator Safari
A 4 to 6 night safari with Amboseli’s big tuskers and rhinos on the Equator:
The Porini Equator Safari is a 4 to 6 night safari combining two of Kenya’s finest wildlife areas the Amboseli National Park and Ol Pejeta Conservancy:
- Amboseli, the best place in Kenya to see elephants at close range and wonderful views of Kilimanjaro.
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy, the largest rhino conservancy in East Africa in a vast tract of wilderness within the Laikipia area, overlooking snow-capped Mount Kenya. Elephant, rhino, lion and leopard all present.
Accommodation is first at Porini Amboseli Camp in the Selenkay Conservancy, then Porini Rhino Camp in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy. The Safari Camps are small and exclusive and run on the same environmentally sound principles. All camps are specially designed to have minimum impact with no permanent structures.
Porini Equator Safari Highlights:
- Transfer between Amboseli and Nanyuki by scheduled air service.
- Game drives from the camps in shared 4×4 safari vehicles (not vans) with excellent guides. (Private vehicles available at a supplement).
- Walks with Maasai warriors, visit an authentic Maasai village, opportunity for night game drives, camps located in exclusive wilderness areas with no tourist minibuses.
- An authentic safari experience staying in small exclusive camps with spacious guest tents, comfortably furnished with private bathrooms, solar lights and located in attractive unspoilt natural settings.
- At the camps all meals, drinks (wine, gin and tonic, beer, sodas, mineral water), shared game drives, walks, night drives and sundowners are included in the price.
- Porini Rhino Camp also includes visits to Baraka the Black Rhino & Ol Pejeta’s Information Centre and the Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Optional activities at Ol Pejeta include: The Endangered Species Boma (to see the World’s last 2 remaining Northern White Rhino), Lion Tracking, Riding with Rhinos and Junior Rangers.
Porini Amboseli Camp
This award-winning Kenya safari camp is set in the Amboseli eco-system within the exclusive Selenkay Conservancy– an important wildlife dispersal area for wildlife moving out of Amboseli National Park. The private conservation area ensures the best possible game viewing in proper off-road safari vehicles, off the beaten track and away from other tourist vans and minibuses.
Porini Rhino Camp
This small and intimate safari eco- camp is located within Ol Pejeta Conservancy, a vast 90000-acre wildlife area between the Aberdares and the majestic Mount Kenya. The conservancy is home to a variety of animals including the “Big Five”. It is the largest sanctuary in East Africa for the endangered Black Rhino and is also a sanctuary for rescued chimpanzees.
“What a marvellous example of how people and wildlife can live alongside one another. Thank you all.”
“For any serious wildlife photographer, I don’t think you can do better in Kenya or Tanzania than the Porini Mara and Lion Camps for the big cats.”
|PER ADULT SHARING, 4 NT PACKAGE
|SINGLE SUPPLEMENT, PACKAGE
|PER CHILD SHARING, PACKAGE
|EXTRA NIGHT AT PORINI AMBOSELI OR RHINO CAMP PER ADULT SHARING
1 child sharing with 1 adult – child pays child package price above and adult pays the single adult rate.
2 or 3 children sharing in own tent – each child pays 75% of the per-adult rate.
Camps not recommended for children aged under 8 years.Exclusive Vehicle: sole use of the open-sided 4×4 safari vehicle during game drive US$ 375 per vehicle per day.Christmas & New Year supplement: on 24, 25, 26, 31 Dec & 1 Jan is US$ 40 per person per night.Late Afternoon Departure: Late departure from camp after 10.00 a.m. is US$ 150 per person – minimum 2 people (includes lunch, soft drinks and activities before departure in the late afternoon with transfer to airstrip. Guests are required
to check out of their tent by 10.00).Flight supplements:
Scheduled flight: for flying from Nairobi to Amboseli: US$ 88 per adult one way / US$ 62 per child (2 – 12 years) one way.
Charter flight: Each year from 1 July to 31 October and from 20 December to 31 March we offer daily charter flights (to operate with a minimum of 2 passengers) between Nairobi’s Wilson Airport and Selenkay Airstrip which is very close to Porini Amboseli Camp. The supplement will be the same as if using the scheduled flight (see above). The charter flight departs Wilson Airport at 07.30h and arrives at Selenkay at 08h10. (Complimentary transfer by camp’s vehicle to Porini Amboseli Camp). For the return journey, the charter departs Selenkay at 08.30h and arrives back at Wilson at 09.10h.
NB if clients fly to or from Amboseli Airstrip within the dates specified above then there is a supplement of US$ 50 per person one way for pick up or drop off.
Extra night rate:
For every 2 or 3-night stay one visit to Amboseli National Park is included. Extra night rates include activities in the Conservancy but any extra visit to the National Park is subject to the extra park fee of US$ 35 per person per day on top of the above rates.
Pick up in Nairobi then shared road transfer to Amboseli, 2 nights in Porini Amboseli Camp with daily Selenkay Conservancy fees and one day Amboseli National Park entrance fee, Maasai village visit then afterwards check out and fly to Wilson Airport where you will connect to another schedule flight to Nanyuki Airstrip, met and transferred to Porini Rhino Camp for 2 nights with daily Ol Pejeta Conservancy fees and visit to Chimpanzee Sanctuary, both camps are based on full board basis including soft drinks, beer, house wine, gin & tonic, mineral water, return conservancy airstrip transfers, day & night shared game drives in open sided 4×4 safari vehicle with qualified guide, sundowners, walks with Maasai warriors, then last day fly back to Wilson Airport.
International flights to / from Nairobi, travel insurance, Kenya Visas and tips / gratuities.