Porini Big Five Safari
Lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino: the Big Five. This safari combines two of Kenya’s finest wildlife areas to enable you to have your own Big Five encounter of a lifetime
Lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino; the Big Five, all roam through Kenya. This 4 night, 5 day Safari combines two of Kenya’s finest wildlife areas to enable you to have your own Big Five encounter:
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy, the largest rhino conservancy in East Africa in a vast tract of wilderness within the Laikipia area, overlooking snow-capped Mount Kenya. Elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard all present.
- The Mara, famous for the spectacular wildebeest migration between June and October every year and excellent for lion and cheetah.
Accommodation is in two camps that complement each other perfectly – staying first at Porini Rhino Camp in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, followed by Porini Lion Camp in the Olare Motorogi Conservancy adjacent to the Mara Reserve. The Safari Camps are small and exclusive and run on the same environmentally sound principles – working closely with the local communities. All camps are specially designed to have minimum impact with no permanent structures.
Big Five Safari Highlights:
- Transfers between each camp are on our scheduled air service with a flight to get you straight to the wildlife without spending hours travelling between the parks over rough roads.
- Game drives from the camps in shared 4×4 safari vehicles (not vans) with excellent guides. (Private vehicles available at a supplement).
- Walks with Maasai warriors, opportunity for night game drives, exclusive wilderness areas with no tourist minibuses.
- An authentic safari experience staying in small exclusive camps with spacious guest tents, comfortably furnished with private bathrooms, solar lights and located in attractive unspoilt natural settings.
- At the camps all meals, drinks (wine, gin and tonic, beer, sodas, mineral water), game drives, walks, night drives and sundowners are included in the price.
- Porini Rhino Camp also includes visits to Baraka the Black Rhino & Ol Pejeta’s Information Centre and the Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Optional activities at Ol Pejeta include: The Endangered Species Boma (to see the World’s last 2 remaining Northern White Rhino), Lion Tracking, Riding with Rhinos and Junior Rangers.
Porini Rhino Camp
This small and intimate safari eco- camp is located within Ol Pejeta Conservancy, a vast 90000-acre wildlife area between the Aberdares and the majestic Mount Kenya. The conservancy is home to a variety of animals including the “Big Five”. It is the largest sanctuary in East Africa for the endangered Black Rhino and is also a sanctuary for rescued chimpanzees.
Porini Lion Camp
The eco-friendly Porini Lion Camp has no permanent construction and is situated along the Ntiakatiak River, a seasonal river with permanent hippo pools near the camp. With ten guest tents, the camp is small and exclusive, giving you a real “in the bush” safari camping experience. The tents are very spacious and have private verandas along the length of the tent, providing a secluded and quiet place for you to relax and enjoy the beauty of this African wilderness. Each tent has en-suite bathrooms with flush toilets and hot showers. The food is excellent with freshly baked bread and high-quality meals prepared by the camp chef.
“What a marvellous example of how people and wildlife can live alongside one another. Thank you all.”
“For any serious wildlife photographer, I don’t think you can do better in Kenya or Tanzania than the Porini Mara and Lion Camps for the big cats.”
|PER ADULT SHARING, 4 NT PACKAGE
|SINGLE SUPPLEMENT, PACKAGE
|PER CHILD SHARING, PACKAGE
|EXTRA NIGHT AT PORINI LION CAMP PER ADULT SHARING
- 1 child or 2 children sharing with 2 adults – each child pays the child package price above and 2 adults each pay the per adult sharing rate.
- 1 child sharing with 1 adult – child pays child package price above and adult pays the single adult rate.
- 2 or 3 children sharing in own tent – each child pays 75% of the per-adult rate.
- Camps are not recommended for children aged under 8 years.
out of their tent by 10.00).
drives (all of which are not possible in the Reserve). Any clients who do choose to have another day in the National Reserve must pay the extra park entry fee of US$ 80 per adult per day / US$ 45 per child per day (up to 18 years) on top of the above
At Wilson Airport, board schedule flight to Nanyuki Airstrip, met and transferred to Porini Rhino Camp for 2 nights with daily Ol Pejeta Conservancy fees & visit to Chimpanzee Sanctuary then afterwards check out and fly to Olare Orok Airstrip in Maasai Mara, met & transferred to Porini Lion Camp for 2 nights with daily Olare Motorogi Conservancy fees, both camps are based on full board basis including soft drinks, beer, house wine, gin & tonic, mineral water, return conservancy airstrip transfers, day & night shared game drives in open sided 4×4 safari vehicle with qualified guide, sundowners, walks with Maasai warriors, then last day fly back to Wilson Airport. Porini Wildlife Habitat trust fee included in the package rates.
One Day Maasai Mara National Reserve entry fee included from 1st July to 30th September ONLY.
International flights to/from Nairobi, travel insurance, Kenya Visas, and tips/ gratuities.
Free Airport Arrival Transfers in Nairobi
For all guests booking 6 or more nights staying at the Porini Camps we provide a free airport transfer on arrival in Nairobi to any hotel in Nairobi booked by us, or to Wilson airport.
Free Night in Nairobi and Free Airport Transfer
For all guests booking 8 or more nights staying at the Porini Camps, we provide a FREE NIGHT including breakfast in Nairobi plus a free arrival transfer from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
For your free night in Nairobi, you can choose between a night at the Eka Hotel or the Weston Hotel (on Bed & Breakfast basis), or stay at Nairobi Tented Camp in Nairobi National Park on Bed & Breakfast basis (excluding $78 park entry fee). For stays at Nairobi Tented Camp, our special discounted Half Board safari package at $105 can be added as a pre-booked option to include a free game drive and dinner, and free drinks.
Please Note: special offers are subject to availability and may be changed or withdrawn at any time.